Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Taco Night


Again, like the fajitas, PLEASE don't waste money on a taco mix packet. Chili powder, cumin, garlic salt. Done.

What you need:

1 lb. ground beef
1 can of tomato sauce, 8 oz.
Garlic salt, to taste...about 7 or 8 shakes worth
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
Taco shells
Your crowd's fave taco toppings (cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, etc.)

How you make it:

Brown the ground beef in skillet or sauce pan over medium high heat. Drain fat in a colander. Return meat to pan. Add tomato sauce and spices. Stir to mix well and cover with lid. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until it's time to eat. (Last night I had a doc appt right at dinner prep time, so I made it before I left and we ate when I got back, and it had been simmering for about an hour. So it's pretty flexible.)

Oh, for side dishes: rice and beans of course. I'm cheap. Other times, it's corn too or a fruit salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment