Monday, January 24, 2011

Week's Menu and Shopping List


Now, I'm making it SUPER easy for you!! Here's your shopping list for the last 5 recipes. Just copy it and off you go...and you'll have everything you need for dinners and not have to think another thing about it!

I think this will be the best way to do the menu planning on here. I'll post the shopping list for the previous weeks' recipes and there you'll have it. Done and done. Also, I put links to each recipe at the bottom in the side dish suggestion section. "Bon Appetit!" (I just watched Julie and Julia for the first time last night. Had to put that in...)


The Shopping List

eggs, 5-8
cheddar cheese, 1/3 C. grated
sour cream (optional for fajitas)
Parmesan cheese

cooked ham, boneless ham steak or deli slices about 1 C.
Ground beef or turkey, 1 lb.
boneless skinless chicken breast, 3 lbs.
Italian sausage, 1-1.5 pounds

tomato paste, one 8 oz can
tomato sauce, two 15 oz. cans
diced tomatoes, 2 cans

noodles, spaghetti (or brown rice spaghetti for gluten-free)
noodles, bow tie (or brown rice fusilli for gluten-free)
tortillas (corn for gluten-free)

whole garlic cloves, 1 full bulb will do and be enough extra for future use.
lime
green pepper
potatoes, 2
onions, 5
zucchini, 3
tomato, 1
(optional for fajitas)
fresh or frozen green beans
lemon juice, 1/2 C. or lemons, 2-3

bay leaves
oregano
thyme
poultry seasoning
cumin
chili powder
garlic salt
basil
parsley
bacon bits
Dijon mustard
red wine vinegar

taco sauce (optional for serving with fajitas)
bouillon, 5 cubes or 5 tsp, or 5 C. stock (check ingredients for gluten-free, I used "Better Than Bouillon" from Costco)

Because I'm going the extra mile for you, list for suggested side dishes:
salad fixings to go with
spaghetti and also sausage soup
corn or rice to go with fajitas and also yummy chicken
fresh fruit to go with
omelets


All this is taking into consideration you have the following basics on hand already, (if not, add them to your list):

Olive Oil
Canola Oil
Salt
Sugar
Pepper

4 comments:

  1. Now this is what i'm talking about!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ash! I wonder if anyone will actually do the list and recipes! But this should make planning super easy, I hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am more than impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! A comment from my mother! You never answered me when I asked about a possible missing ingredient in fajitas...coriander or paprika? I feel like I was missing something...

    ReplyDelete